Monday 8 June 2015

On the Trail of the Lonesome Pine


                                                      thetruthnetwork23@gmail.com

On a mountain in Virginia stands a lonesome pine

Just below , is the cabin home of a little girl of mine .

Her name is June and very , very soon  she'll belong to me

For I know she's waiting there for me 'neath that lone pine tree .

In the blue ridge mountains of Virginia , on the trail of the lonesome pine,

In the pale moonshine , our hearts entwine

Where she carved her name and I carved mine

Oh June , like the mountains I'm blue

Like the pine I am lonesome for you

In the blue ridge mountains of Virginia

On the trail of the lonesome pine

The month of June has always been a bitter month for me.... it has in the past represented separation as it has been the time I have been separated from my family and friends. On many occasions that separation has been permanent which is the hard part but we have to follow the path that we are destined to travel in order to get home. As I mentioned in my previous post we have to travel halfway.



This week I travel to another island for a family reunion and many amazing things await me there however I have to keep my eyes and my feet fixed in the right direction and not be distracted from my goal and purpose.





Narrow is the Way and Few there be that find it which makes it a lonely road to travel on. Most turn back as they are not willing to let go of this world or be prepared to sacrifice everything including themselves.

It will be worth it as the further down the road we travel the more we remember who our True family really are and what a reunion that will be when we reach our final destination.


Brothers Under the Sun

This week I have offended some however as another old Russian proverb states






































The first steps on the journey begin this week with a reunion on an island and will end with a much bigger clan gathering  and one which we have waited many centuries for.


We need to keep our torches burning bright to help guide the Way and ensure they do not go out.


I don't know if you can see
The changes that have come over me
In these last few days I've been afraid
That I might drift away
So I've been telling old stories, singing songs
That make me think about where I came from
And that's the reason why I seem
So far away today

[Chorus]
Oh, but let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me
And now I'm going home
If I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything
I've ever had

Oh and I have moved and I've kept on moving
Proved the points that I needed proving
Lost the friends that I needed losing
Found others on the way
Oh and I have tried and kept on trying
Stolen dreams yes there's no denying
I have traveled far with conscience flying
Somewhere with the wind


Now I'm sitting here before the fire
The empty room, the forest choir
The flames that could not get any higher
They've withered now they've gone
But I'm steady thinking my way is clear
And I know what I will do tomorrow
When the hands are shaken and the kisses flow
Then I will disappear


See you Again

1 comment:

  1. Ellis in Luss

    I'll be waiting for you in the Highlands Allegheny Mountains watching the five pointed star rise - Bear Rocks Preserve...West Virginia.

    Love... Ellis aka RA

    ReplyDelete